Thursday, March 27, 2008

Eugene Half Marathon

I am running the Eugene Half Marathon on May 4th.

Here's a little background on me. I just started running for the first time in about 8 yrs a couple of weeks ago. I am up to 5.6 miles, and about 13 miles a week.

Without the goal of a race, there is no way I would be motivated enough to keep running. Anyways, a half marathon is 13.1 miles, and I am asking people to begin to pledge support for this race. It can be done anonymously or you can email Running4Water@gmail.com to officially pledge. Nothing financially is required at the time of the pledge. After the race I will share with you my story of pain and triumph and then I will ask that you send a check to LWI. I will have a code assigned to this program which I will give at a later time along with the address.

Feel free to send anyone that might be interested a link to this blog. I am also hoping to get a few inspirational comments along the way. It's nice to have something warm to think about while I'm training in the rain.

No comments: